|Editions | myCNN | Video | Audio | Headline News Brief | Feedback||
Ginger date biscotti with white chocolate
Makes 2 dozen
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
1. Combine first seven ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
2. Whisk together vanilla, eggs, and egg white. Add to the dry ingredients, cutting in with a fork or pastry blender. Mixture will be crumbly.
3. Turn mixture out onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently to blend ingredients so they hold together.
4. Divide dough into two equal portions and roll into two 15-inch-long cylinders. Place each cylinder several inches apart on a cookie sheet lightly coated with vegetable cooking spray.
5. Gently flatten dough to a one-inch thickness and bake for 25 minutes, or until lightly golden.
6. Remove dough from oven and allow to cool (on the cookie sheet) on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
7. Transfer dough rolls to a cutting board and cut into 12 diagonal slices for each roll.
8. Return the slices to the cookie sheet about 1/2-inch apart, and bake an additional 7 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely on wire rack.
Note: If the egg white is small, the mixture may be too crumbly to hold together. If so, gradually add enough additional egg white to achieve a mixture that will hold.
|Back to the top||
© 2001 Cable News Network. All Rights Reserved.|
Terms under which this service is provided to you.
Read our privacy guidelines.